1 1/2 cups
1 1/4 cups
all-purpose flour, sifted
4 tablespoons butter or 4 tablespoons
- Combine vinegar, water, 1 cup sugar and 2 teaspoons cinnamon. Stir over low heat until sugar disolves. Cook over medium heat for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mix and sift flour, baking powder and salt. Cut in shortening; stir in milk with fork until soft dough forms.
- Roll out into a rectangle about 1/4-inch thick. Combine remaining sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over surface of rectangle. Dot with 2 tablespoons butter.
- Roll up, starting at longer side. Cut crosswise into slices 1 1/4 inches thick.
- Place slices, cut side up, close togather in deep baking dish. Dot with remaining butter.
- Pour hot vinegar mixture over all. Bake at 375 degrees for 30 to 40 minutes. Serve hot with heavy cream.