1 lb ground beef or 1 lb
red onion, diced
1 (35 g) packages
iceberg lettuce, chopped
romaine lettuce, chopped
red pepper, red, sliced
1 1/2 cups
mozzarella cheese, grated amount depending on taste
( about a cup and a half)
2 1/2 cups
tortilla chips, lime flavoured, broken
( to taste)
- Cook ground beef or turkey with onions, drain and rinse.
- Shake in colander to ensure it has no excess liquid.
- Add pkg of taco seasoning.
- Put in fridge or freezer to cool.
- Once meat mixture has cooled prepare additional ingredients.
- Dice tomatoes.
- Dice or sliver red pepper.
- Quarter you choice of mini bell cheese, your choice, e.g. brie.
- Chop lettuce.
- Mix above ingredients.
- Top with lime tortilla chips and cheese
- Toss with Catalina or Russian dressing; start with 1/2 cup and mix--you will likely need another 1/4 cup or more.
- (This is one of those recipes where you pretty much add the amounts according to you taste, however start with less dressing (as the saying goes - you can always and but you can't take it away.
- As a meal serves four. As part of a potluck serves 10 or more.