dried red beans
1 (0.01 lb) envelopes
green onions, finely chopped
fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- Wash beans well with water and take out any debris.
- Place in pressure cooker and cover with water up to the max line (approx 12 cups for a 5 quart pressure cooker).
- Place lid on cooker creating a tight seal cook on high for 35 minutes (this will soften the beans).
- Take pressure cooker of the stove and allow steam to escape completely before opening.
- Add carrots, plantain, sazon, and salt.
- If you like your beans more soupy (which I do) add more water to replace what has been lost, if you do not they will be rather on the dry side and you will have to watch more carefully on the next step because they have a higher risk of burning.
- Cover again and cook on med-high for 20-30 minutes.
- While beans are cooking sauté the tomato, onions, and cilantro in the oil add a pinch of salt.
- Once the beans are done add the hogado and test the beans for softness, if necessary cover and cook an additional 5-10 minutes.
- Serve with white rice and the meat of your choice, enjoy!