malted milk biscuits
350 g condensed milk or 350 g
ready made caramel condensed milk
peppermint chocolate, grated
- (The amounts are just estimates. Generally I'd say 1 packet biscuits, 1 slab peppermint chocolate and 1 tin condensed milk, and 500 ml cream but 'Zaar doesn't accept those quantities.).
- Place the condensed milk in a pot of water and boil for three hours. Allow to cool completely.
- Grate the chocolate, keeping some separate for topping.
- Place the biscuits (tennis biscuits if you can find, otherwise malted milk biscuits or similar) in a shallow glass dish.
- Beat the double cream till it is stiff, then add the grated chocolate and caramelised condensed milk and stir in gently. If you beat it again, the cream will fall flat and won't set properly.
- Spoon a layer of the cream mixture on to the milk biscuits, then add another layer of biscuits, topped again with the cream. Repeat the process 3 or 4 times, depending on the depth of your dish.
- Finish with the cream mixture and sprinkle with chocolate.
- Place in the fridge for an hour to set, and keep refrigerated.