dried chipotle peppers
roasted garlic cloves
onion, cut into quarters
carrot, cut into quarters
celery, cut into quarters
beef stock, diluted with
salt and pepper
- PREP WORK:.
- Preheat the oven to 250 F and roast the garlic.
- Cut the onions, carrots, and celery into quarters.
- Dilute the stock with water.
- HOW TO MAKE AT HOME:.
- Place all the vegetables except for the chipotles and garlic in a large roasting pan that has been coated with a little oil.
- Pam is fine.
- Put the buffalo roast on top of the vegetables.
- Add the diluted beef stock and roast the buffalo at 250 F for 2 1/2 hours or until the meat reaches an internal temperature of 125°F
- Remove the pan from the oven and the roast from the pan and let it sit while you work on the sauce.
- Remember, the roast will continue to cook while it is resting.
- Strain the juices and liquids from the pan into a sauce pan and transfer the roasted vegetables to a bowl or plate.
- Add the roasted garlic, peppers and red wine to the sauce pan.
- Over medium-high heat, reduce the liquids by about 1/3 and strain it to remove the garlic and peppers.
- Taste for seasonings and adjust with salt and pepper.
- Slice the buffalo roast and serve with the roasted vegetables and au jus sauce.