1 (12 ounce) jars
crunchy peanut butter
Special K cereal
1 (6 ounce) packages
semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 (12 ounce) packages
- In a large mixing bowl, mix sugar and Karo syrup; microwave on high for 3-4 minutes, or until sugar is completely dissolved. Remove after sugar is dissolved. Do not boil. This is important. Bars will be hard as concrete if mixture continues to boil.
- Remove bowl from microwave; add crunchy peanut butter to the sugar mixture and stir until smooth. Stir in the Special K cereal and mix well.
- Pat the mixture firmly into a lightly buttered 13X9 inch pan. Using a lightly buttered or greased piece of waxed paper works great for patting down the mixture.(To make thicker bars -- use a 9x9 pan).
- In a medium bowl, combine the chocolate and butterscotch chips and microwave for about 3-4 minutes until melted; stirring once or twice during melting.
- Spread over top of cereal mixture. Refrigerate just long enough to set the chips.
- Remove, and cut into bars.