cream of tartar
light corn syrup
- In a very clean glass or metal bowl, beat the egg whites & cream of tartar till light & foamy.
- W/the mixer still running, sprinkle in the 2 tbsp of sugar, cont beating till soft peaks form & set aside.
- In a sml saucepan, mix the water, corn syrup & granulated sugar together. Cook over med heat till it boils & comes to the firm ball stage (246°). Do not overcook.
- Drizzle the hot syrup into the egg whites w/the mixer running on low.
- Turn the mixer to high & beat for 5-6 min or till the sauce is very fluffy & the consistency of marshmallow cream. Beat in the extract & cocoa.
- NOTE: Allow the mixture to cool completely b4 using or refrigerate for later use.