4 1/2 teaspoons
( 2 pkgs of yeast)
milk, scalded and cooled to warm
1 1/2 cups
1 1/2 teaspoons
white flour, Maybe a bit more if needed
- Mix yeast, sugar and scalded cooled down milk and water together and set aside till yeast starts to bubble.
- In mixer mix shortening and sugar together and add one egg at a time mixing in completely before adding another egg. Mix well after last egg.
- Sift 6 cups of flour into separate bowl.
- Mix 3 cups of flour into the yeast mixture, mix till smooth.
- Add Raisins.
- Add shortening, sugar and egg mixture.
- Take one cup of flour and add salt and cinnamon to it and mix it into dough. (To stop the cinnamon from lumping up in the dough).
- Knead in remaining cups of flour till dough is smooth.
- Place in greased bowl and allow to rise until double in size.
- Form buns then using clean scissors snip a cross into the tops of each bun.
- Beat egg yolk and water together and brush over tops of each bun.
- Bake at 400 for 15-20 minutes.
- When cooked and cooled use piping bag and form cross with your favorite white icing.