thinly sliced peeled granny smith apples
( about 4 large)
firmly packed brown sugar, divided
ground cinnamon, divided
old fashioned oats
reduced-fat vanilla wafers, crushed
( about 1 cup crumbs)
1 1/2 cups
thawed Cool Whip Lite
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Toss appleswith 1/4 cup of the brown sugar and 1 teaspoon of the cinnamon.
- Spoon into 8-9 inch square baking dish.
- Combine oats, the remaining 1/4 cup brown sugar and 1 teaspoon cinnamon in medium bowl.
- Cut in margarine with pastry blender or 2 knives, until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Add wafer crumbs; mix well.
- Spread crumb mixture evenly over apples.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until apples are tender. Serve warm or cooled.
- Top with whipped topping.