bell pepper, chopped
2 1/2 lbs
boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 1/2 cups
1 (20 ounce) cans
pineapple chunks, in natural juice
- Add oil to Dutch oven or large skillet and heat to medium-high.
- Add onion and bell pepper; cook and stir for 2 minutes.
- Add chicken breasts, carrots, celery and cashews.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and cook for 15 minutes, stirring often. Add 1/4 cup water if needed.
- In a medium bowl, mix 1/2 cup water with sugar, vinegar, ketchup and cornstarch. Blend until smooth then stir in pineapple (including juice).
- Add cornstarch mixture to chicken and bring to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Lower heat and simmer for another 20 minutes or until chicken is done.
- Serve over hot rice.