( about 1 cup crushed)
crystallized ginger, finely chopped
fresh strawberries, chopped
fresh strawberries, sliced
seedless strawberry jam
- In food processor, combine the gingersnaps, 2 T sugar and butter.
- Cover and process until blended.
- Press onto the bottom and up the sides of a 9-inch or 10-inch fluted tart pan with a removable bottom; set aside.
- In a large saucepan, combine the cornstarch, ginger if desired and remaining sugar.
- Stir in the chopped strawberries and water.
- Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes.
- Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 4-6 minutes or until thickened.
- Cool for 30 minutes.
- Pour into crust.
- Cover and refrigerate 2 hours or until set.
- Arrange sliced berries over filling.
- In a small microwave-safe bowl, heat jam on high for 15-20 seconds or until pourable; brush over berries.
- Remove sides from tart pan.
- Top with whipped cream, if desired.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.