1 1/2 teaspoons
6 ounces farmer cheese or 6 ounces
other soft white cheese
fresh ground pepper
1 1/2 tablespoons
- With a whisk or mixer, combine the egg, yogurt, olive oil and butter until well blended.
- Add the flour, salt and baking powder and stir to form a smooth dough.
- Cover and refrigerate for 15-20 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In another bowl, combine the cheese, salt, pepper, chives and parsley.
- Roll a piece of dough the size of a walnut into a smooth ball. Hollow out the middle and fill with 1/2 t of the cheese mixture. Seal the dough around the filling and form into a ball again. Continue until all the dough is used.
- Lightly butter a cookie sheet. Place the cheese balls on the pan. Brush each with milk.
- Bake in preheated 400 F oven for 20-25 minutes. Serve hot.