1/3 cup butter or 1/3 cup
crumbled sausage, cooked
grated sharp cheddar cheese
chopped canned peaches
red raspberry preserves
1/2 cup ricotta cheese or 1/2 cup
soft cream cheese
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Mix together flour, sugar, salt and baking powder.
- Cut in butter with Pastry Blender until mix is size of small peas.
- Add milk all at once. Stir until dough sticks together.(Food processor may be used. Use frozen butter cut into pieces) With floured hands, knead dough a little on lightly floured pastry cloth or board.
- Roll out half of dough to about 1/4" thick.
- Place about a scant teaspoons of your choice of filling on dough near the edge.
- Fold dough over filling. Cut and seal into crescent with 3" Cut `n Seal.
- Cut a slash or two in the top.
- Place on Baking Stone. Repeat using remainder of dough. Bake at 350
- degrees for 10 minutes.
- Breakfast Biscuits may be frozen. Defrost and warm in the oven(wrapped in foil) before serving.