2 1/2 cups
1 tablespoon vegetable oil or 1 tablespoon
2 -3 cups mozzarella cheese or 2 -3 cups parmesan cheese or 2 -3 cups
other cheese, grated
- Mix yeast into warm water.
- In separate bowl, combine flour and salt.
- Add the oil to the water, and add these liquids to the dry ingredients.
- Knead for 7 or 8 minutes, then let rest for about 10. Keep it under a cloth while resting, in a warm place.
- While it's resting you can make the garlic sauce. Melt the margarine, and mix in the rest of the ingredients. Put to the side.
- Roll dough out into a rectangle shape.
- Cut into strips of desired length, and brush on garlic sauce.
- Stick into a proof box for about 15 minutes. If you do not have a proof box, try to put the pans of dough in the warmest (not hot!) spot in your kitchen, such as nearby an oven. Or if you live in a hot place like Florida, put them in your car for a bit.
- Once they grow a little, throw them into the oven at about 425°. Check on them after 10 minutes and pull them out when they turn a nice golden brown.
- Brush more of the sauce on, lightly, and sprinkle with the grated cheese. Best enjoyed warm. :).