2 cups calabaza squash (chopped 1 inch pieces) or 2 cups
( chopped 1 inch pieces)
( to taste)
- Heat oil in a saucepan and fry onions until translucent.
- Add garlic and fry until light golden brown.
- Add cumin seeds and fry until they begin to pop and release their aroma. (About 30 seconds).
- Mix in the pumpkin and saute for 1-2 minutes.
- Add 1/4 cup water. Cover and lower heat to med low. Cook for about 10 minutes or until tender.
- Remove lid and mash pumpkin with fork or potato smasher thingy:-)until smooth.
- Add salt if using. If water is not yet absorbed, cover and simmer until water is absorbed.
- Remove pot from heat and serve as a side dish with rice or roti.