chicken breast, cut into strips
frozen cocktail shrimp, thawed and de-tailed
scallion, chopped into 2-inch pieces
4 -5 ounces
( original recipe calls for Shiitake)
red bell pepper, seeded and cut into pieces
garlic cloves, pressed
fresh ginger, peeled and grated
coarse black pepper
( original recipe calls for tamari (dark soy sauce)
toasted sesame seeds
- Cook spaghetti until al dente. Drain in colander.
- While noodles cook, heat olive oil over high heat until rippling in a large nonstick skillet.
- Add chicken and stir fry till golden. Add scallions, mushrooms, red pepper, garlic and ginger and stir-fry 2 minutes. Add shrimp after 1 minute. Season with salt and pepper and keep warm.
- While spaghetti drains, add sesame oil and soy sauce to pasta pot. Add spaghetti and toss to coat.
- Either add stir-fry to noodles and toss to mix or serve stir-fry on top of noodles.
- Top with toasted sesame seeds.