orange pekoe tea bag
mint sprigs, large stems with large leaves
( lightly crushed)
boiling water, boiling
white sugar, white
lemon juice, fresh squeezed
mint sprigs, garnish
- Steep 1 tea bag, 6 mint stems and cayenne pepper in 2 cups of boiling water.
- Strain the mixture, keeping only the liquid.
- Add the sugar, lemon juice and cinnamon stick to the mint mixture and refrigerate.
- When ready to serve, remove the cinnamon stick and dilute the mint mixture with equal parts of water.
- Serve in a tall glass with ice, add a fresh mint sprig and a lemon slice for garnishing.