1 1/2 tablespoons
( aka. superfine granulated sugar)
cream of tartar
- Combine water and the gelatine in a jug. Whisk with a fork until the gelatine has been dissolved.
- Stir the cocoa into the gelatine mix. Set aside to cool for 10 minutes.
- In a large mixer bowl, beat the egg whites and cream of tartar until soft-peaks form. Slowly add the sugar and beat until thick and glossy (beat between slow additions of sugar). With the mixer on high speed add the egg yolks (add one at a time).
- Slowly pour the gelatine mix into the egg mixture. Beat constantly until well combined.
- Pour mixture into 6 serving cups and refrigerate for 4 hours or until set.
- Dust with some extra cocoa to serve or use some chocolate shavings if desired.