1 (4 ounce) jars
maraschino cherries, drained, rinsed, chopped
3 1/3 cups
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- With electric mixer, in large mixing bowl, beat butter until creamy, then gradually add both sugars, beating well.
- Add egg & almond extract, beating well.
- Add mincemeat & cherries, & blend well.
- In medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder & salt.
- Add flour mixture to liquid mixture, beating well.
- Stir in pecans, then cover & chill dough 2 hours.
- When dough has cooled, shape into two 6" to 8" logs.
- Wrap logs in wax paper & freeze until firm.
- When frozen, slice dough into 1/4" slices, & place on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake 12-14 minutes, or until lightly browned.
- Remove cookies to wire rack to cool completely.
- NOTE: If you want an easy [as well as festive] pie or cheesecake crust, crumble these cookies & press them onto the bottom of a springform pan or pie plate!