whole wheat tortillas
powdered sugar, for sprinkling
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Spread each tortilla on one side with 1 1/2 teaspoons butter. Cut each one into quarters.
- Heat the remaining butter with the sugar in a skillet. In about 3 minutes, when the sugar dissolves, add the bananas and stir. Cook over medium heat for about 5 minutes, until golden and somewhat soft. Remove from the heat, add the vanilla and gently stir to combine.
- Make four "sandwiches":
- Put a tortilla-quarter, butter-side down, on a non-stick baking sheet.
- Put a few chocolate chips in the center.
- Top with a spoonful of the banana mixture and more chocolate chips, and cap off with another tortilla-quarter, butter-side up.
- Cover loosely with foil and bake for 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar and serve warm.