lime rind, grated
coriander leaves, coarsely chopped
birds eye chiles, seeded and finely chopped
macadamia nut oil
garlic clove, crushed
- Cut approx 3cm (1.2in) from the lemongrass (not the hard white part, the other end). Finely chop.
- Combine chopped lemongrass, peanut oil, lime rind and coriander in a shallow non-reactive dish.
- Cut each chicken breast into 4, and thread onto lemongrass skewers. The lemongrass skewers may bend, if this happens carefully use a knife to cut a slit into the chicken - it should thread on easily now.
- Place skewers in with marinade and turn to fully coat.
- Cover and marinade for 3 hours or overnight.
- Cook skewers on lightly oiled bbq until chicken is browned and cooked through.
- Combine dressing ingredients in a screw top jar and shake to combine.
- Serve chicken skewers over rice (optional) and top with dressing.