low sodium soy sauce
1/3 cup honey (can use more) or 1/3 cup
light corn syrup
( can use more)
( sliced into thirds, or use 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder or to taste)
1 pinch cayenne pepper (optional) or 1 pinch
cayenne pepper, to taste
boneless skinless chicken breasts
( cut into 1-inch cubes)
- In a bowl mix together the oil with soy sauce, honey, lemon juice, garlic slices, black pepper and cayenne.
- Place the chicken cubes in the bowl and toss to coat with the marinade.
- Cover and chill for 4 hours.
- Remove the chicken from the marinade.
- Pour marinade into a saucepan then remove the garlic slices and discard; boil for 10 minutes over medium-low heat (start timing the 10 minutes after boiling starts).
- Thread the chicken onto wooden skewers that have been soaked in cold water for 30 minutes.
- Place the skewers on a grill and cook for 18-20 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through, basting with cooked marinade during the last 10-12 minutes of cooking.