2 tablespoons orange juice or 2 tablespoons
1 1/4 cups
walnuts, finely chopped
pureed and strained raspberries
- Beat first three ingredients (butter, egg yolk, and OJ).
- Sift and stir in next three ingredients (sifted flour, sugar, and baking powder).
- Press into a greased pan (9x13") (note, I frequently use a glass as a makeshift rolling pin for this step).
- Bake in oven (350) for 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle at once with chocolate chips.
- Return to oven for 1-2 minutes.
- Remove and spread chocolate.
- Cover with optional pureed raspberries.
- Beat two eggs until thick, 3/4 cups sugar, and melted butter.
- Mix in 4 teaspoons of vanilla extract and the chopped walnuts.
- Spread mixture over chocolate (raspberries).
- Return to oven and bake at 350 for 30-35 minutes.
- Cut into bars as desired.