1 cup water or 1 cup
( use more if fresh)
( sugar works, if you're not a vegan)
red pepper flakes
- Place first three ingredients into food processor and "chop" roughly. Set aside.
- Boil tomatoes in water (or broth) in a shallow pan.
- When tomatoes have softened, add them and any remaining liquid to the food processor and puree.
- Add remaining 5 ingredients to tomato puree and stir.
- Pour garlic-onion mixture into processor with tomato and puree to desired consistancy. This makes a thick, rich and slightly spicy sauce!