1 (750 g) jars
( make sure it's a nice thick one, or make your own)
additional chopped vegetables, such as mushrooms, capsicum, celery, if wanted
lean ground beef
- Brown the beef, drain fat, and set aside.
- Saute onion, celery (if using) and garlic in a little oil till onion softens.
- Add carrots, zucchini, and other veggies. Saute for 3 - 5 minutes.
- Return beef to pan with veggies.
- Add pasta sauce. If you are using a plain sauce (like a passata), then season with salt, pepper, basil, and oregano. If you are using a commercial sauce that already has flavourings added, you should be able to get by without it.
- Simmer for 30 minutes, or more if you have the time. Or less if you don't!
- Serve over hot cooked pasta.