1 1/2 lbs
asparagus, cut in to1/2 inch pieces and peeled if tough
raspberry balsamic vinegar
2 -3 cups
strawberries, sliced thick
red onion, sliced very very thin
1 tablespoon caramel topping or 1 tablespoon
honey, Plus more
caramel topping or
honey, to drizzle
1 tablespoon hazelnut oil or 1 tablespoon
fresh grated nutmeg
caramel topping, to taste
1 -2 tablespoon
sliced almonds, toasted
- Cook asparagus in well salted boil water for 3-5 minutes. Rinse in cold water.
- Microwave onion in a 1/8 cup of water for 1 minute and rinse well in cold water and drain.
- Arrange asparagus on a platter.
- Arrange strawberries over asparagus. Or toss with asparagus.
- Reduce the balsamic vinegar to 1/4 cup, whisk in caramel or honey, oil, nutmeg, salt and pepper.
- Add onions to the vinegar mixture.
- Pour the mixture over asparagus.
- Drizzle with caramel topping. Sprinkle almonds over the salad.