garlic cloves, chopped
1 1/2 tablespoons
chickpeas, drained & rinsed
potatoes, peeled & chopped
salt & pepper
extra virgin olive oil
parmesan cheese, for garnish
- Trim, separate and rinse leeks.
- Slice the leeks into fine shreds and place into soup pot along with the butter, garlic & thyme, stir, cover and let slowly cook until the leeks become softened slightly.
- Add the chickpeas to the leeks with the chicken stock and potatoes. Bring to a boil then simmer for about half and hour or until the potatoes are well cooked.
- If the soup is to thick, thin it down with a little boiling water.
- Break up the chickpeas & pieces of potato to thicken it slightly. Season the soup with salt and pepper
- Garnish with grated parmesan cheese and drizzle on some olive oil.