( scrub and debeard)
garlic cloves, crushed
onion, peeled and chopped
chopped fresh chili pepper
dry white wine
1 1/2 cups
crushed tomatoes with juice
salt and black pepper
- Heat oil in large saucepan.
- Add chopped onion, and garlic and cook until clear.
- Add parsley and chilli and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Increase heat and add lemon juice, wine and water and bring to the boil.
- Add tomatoes.
- Bring to boil.
- Add cleaned mussels and cook covered over a moderate heat for about 5 minutes.
- Discard any mussels that have not opened.
- Remove the top shell from each mussel.
- Season with salt and pepper and serve immediately.