onion, finely diced
garlic clove, finely diced
jalapeno, finely diced
lime, zest of, finely diced
1 1/2 cups
lime, juice of
salt and pepper
unsweetened coconut milk
1 1/2 tablespoons
garlic chives, chopped
- Heat small sauce pan on medium flame and add olive oil.
- Saute onions for 3-4 minutes.
- Add garlic, jalapenos, and lime zest and sauté for 2 minutes.
- Add chicken broth and lime juice and reduce by 1/3.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Add ½ coconut milk and reduce 5 minutes. Continue to add coconut milk as needed. (This will depend on your taste, if you like thinner or thicker sauces.).
- Finally, whisk in the butter and remove from the heat, add cilantro and chives.
- Serve over fish or on the side.