6 cups of fresh hash browns or 6 cups
frozen hash browns
1 (4 ounce) cans
mild diced green chilies
green pepper, diced
white onion, diced
diced fresh carrot
1 teaspoon salt or 1 teaspoon
- Rinse fresh hashbrowns or frozen hashbrowns in a colander to rinse off the starch or thaw the frozen ones.
- Spread out on a towel and pat dry.
- In large frying pan, add olive oil, heat and add ingredients except the eggs and milk.
- Fry medium heat until the bottom starts to brown.
- Beat eggs in bowl, then add milk and mix.
- Pour over hashbrowns and vegetables.
- Turn over with spatula and mix so that eggs and milk are well mixed.
- Turn over a few times so you have scattering of crunchy and soft.
- Hubby was surprised with the carrots in it.
- He was unsure about the carrots. Now he says "make again". For those who cannot drink regular milk, soy milk or coconut milk can be substituted.