2 1/2 cups
- Beat butter & sugar together in a bowl.
- Add yolk and vanilla and beat the mixture until smooth.
- Add flour and salt and mix everything to form a smooth dough.
- Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Roll out dough to 1/4 inch thickness.
- Cut out with 1 1/2-2in circle cookie cutters.
- Arrange cookies on baking sheet.
- Cut hearts from half of the cookies with 1in heart cutters.
- Bake for 12 minutes.
- Cool Completely.
- Make frostingby beating butter until smooth, then gradually adding icing sugar, water and vanilla.
- Spread frosting over whole (not heart) cookies.
- Drop a small spoonful of jam on top of frosting.
- Press heart cookies on top of whole cookies.