1 (8 inch)
parsnips, cut in chunks
carrots, cut in chunks
onions, cut in chunks
8 -10 cloves
celery, coarsely chopped
- Combine everything in a large pot.
- Bring to a boil, lower heat, and partially cover.
- Cook slowly for 1-2 hours.
- Turn off heat and let soup cool to room temperature.
- Strain out and discard all the vegetables.
- Heat gently just before serving.
- We cook matzoh balls separately and add them to the soup as we serve it.
- Matzoh balls cooked or reheated in the soup will turn a beautiful golden color thanks to the turmeric.