3 (1360.77 g) can
refried black beans
( I like La Preferida 99% Fat-Free)
1 (453.59 g) jar
( I prefer Frog Ranch Chipotle)
all-natural sour cream
( I like Daisy)
( I like Calavo)
Assorted toppings to taste
beefsteak tomatoes, coarsely chopped
finely shredded cheddar cheese
black olives, sliced
green pimento stuffed olives, sliced
green onions, coarsely chopped
- In large mixing bowl, combine refried beans and salsa. Consistency should be that of cake frosting--spreadable but not thick. Adjust amount of salsa accordingly.
- Spread bean and salsa mixture onto serving platter. (I use the back of a metal serving spoon.).
- Layer remaining ingredients.
- Serve with Baked Tostitos Scoops Tortilla Chips.
- NOTES: Also great as a meal. Even my green-veggie-phobic children devour this dish! This recipe is moderately spicy. Change the heat of the salsa to adjust. You could also top with jalapenos or other hot peppers to add more heat. I sometimes use different greens (prepackaged salad mixes) instead of iceberg lettuce and use different cheeses (pepperjack kicks it up a few notches!).