1 1/2 cups
4 -8 tablespoons
salt & pepper
- Finely chop the green onions (white& green tops) and mix with the cold milk.
- bring slowly to a boil and simmer 3-4 minutes, turn off the heat and leave to infuse.
- Peel and mash the cooked potatoesand while still hot mix with the boiled milk& green onions.
- Beat in some of the butter.
- Season with salt& pepper.
- Put a knob of butter on top& serve.
- You can do this recipe ahead and reheat in a 350F oven, covered with foil until hot (apprx 30 minutes).