( finely chopped peeled)
garlic cloves, minced
4 1/2 cups
low sodium chicken broth
( 2 inches of bottom stems trimmed and discarded, tops and remaining stems coarsely chopped)
- Place rice in large sieve; rinse under cold running water until water runs clear.
- Heat oil in heavy large saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Add ginger and garlic; stir until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Add rice and stir 3 minutes.
- Stir in broth and salt.
- Sprinkle cilantro over.
- Bring to boil.
- Reduce heat to medium-low; cover and cook until rice is tender, about 18 minutes. Remove from heat; let stand covered 10 minutes.
- Fluff rice with fork.
- Transfer to bowl and serve.