onion, small dice
smoked bacon, diced
garlic clove, crushed
dried Italian herb seasoning
dried chili pepper flakes
canned tomatoes, chopped
salt and pepper, to taste
beef bouillon cube
mozzarella cheese, fine grate
parmesan cheese, fine grate
cheddar cheese, grated
- For the Meat Sauce.
- Peel and chop the onions and mushrooms.
- Slightly blend the tomatoes with the juice. set to one side.
- Place the oil in a medium size saucepan, heat and add the Onion, Garlic, Bacon and Mushrooms stirring for 4-5 minutes.
- Add the meat and stir with a fork until it looses its pinkness.
- Season and add the Oregano, Italian Herbs, Chili and 1 tablespoon Tomato puree, stock cubes and the blended tomatoes.
- Simmer for 45 minutes or slightly longer until it thickens; set aside to cool.
- For the White sauce.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan but don't let it heat up, mix the flour with some of the milk, carefully to avoid any lumps, add to the saucepan, with the remaining milk.
- Season and stir constantly on low heat until it thickens, stir in the grated cheese.
- Mix remaining Tomato Puree, with a little water, to make a thinner paste and spread over the bottom of a lasagna dish.
- Cover with 3 sheets of lasagna pasta.
- Divide the meat sauce into 2 portions, spreading over the pasta, over with a third of the white sauce, place another three sheets of pasta over, and repeat the process.
- Add remaining pasta on the top, spread the remaining third of the white sauce over the top and sprinkle on the mozzarella and parmesan cheese.
- Bake in the oven on 180°C for approximately 45 minutes.
- Serve with salads.