seeded chopped dates
egg, lightly beaten
self raising flour
1 1/2 cups
- Combine dates and water in a pan, bring to boil.
- Remove from heat and stir in baking soda. let stand 5 minutes.
- Sift flour into a bowl, add all other ingredients and stir until just combined.
- Spoon into muffin pan, any size, but cooking times based on normal muffin pan.
- Bake in a moderately hot oven for about 20 minutes.
- Toffee Sauce:.
- Combine sugar and cream, stir over heat until the sugar dissolves, simmer for 5 minutes.
- Serve muffins warm or cold with toffee sauce and thick cream.