bulk Italian sausage
celery ribs, chopped
( white portion only)
garlic cloves, minced
zucchini, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
fresh green beans, trimmed and cut into 1/2 inch pieces
2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans
diced tomatoes with basil oregano and garlic
1 (15 ounce) cans garbanzo beans or 1 (15 ounce) cans
chickpeas, rinsed and drained
uncooked small shell pasta
minced fresh parsley
grated parmesan cheese
- In soup kettle, cook sausage and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- Stir in the carrots, celery, leek and garlic; cook for 3 minutes.
- Add zucchini and green beans; cook 2 minutes longer.
- Stir in broth, tomatoes, cabbage, basil, oregano and pepper.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover, simmer for 45 minutes.
- Return to a boil, stir in garbanzo beans, pasta and parsley.
- Cook for 6-9 minutes or until the pasta is tender.
- Serve with Parmesan cheese.