1 1/2 cups
2 1/2 cups
red food coloring
- Cream the shortening and sugar.
- Add the eggs and beat till smooth and well blended.
- Add the flour, cocoa, and salt to the above, alternately with the buttermilk, beating well after each addition.
- Add the vanilla and food coloring.
- Mix the baking soda and vinegar together and fold into the batter by hand; stir just enough to get it inches.
- Pour into a greased and floured angel pan and bake in a 350 degree oven for 30 minutes; can be baked in two layers also.