fresh lemon zest, finely grated
fresh lemon juice
extra virgin olive oil
white mushrooms, thinly sliced
fresh flat-leaf parsley, lossely packed
( 2 large bunches)
2 (10 ounce) packages frozen cauliflower florets, thawed and patted dry or 2 (10 ounce) packages
parmesan cheese, finely grated with a rasp
( 2 cups Parmigiano-Reggiano)
olive oil, to fry
- In a large bowl, combine lemon zest and juice, salt and pepper. Whisk in oil until combined. Stir in mushrooms and marinate while making cauliflower.
- In a medium bowl, lightly beat eggs with salt and pepper. Add cauliflower and toss until well coated.
- Put cheese in a large bowl. Lift cauliflower out of egg mixture with a slotted spoon and transfer to cheese, tossing to coat.
- Heat oil in a 10-inch heavy skillet over moderate heat until hot but not smoking.
- Panfry cauliflower in 3 batches, turning occasionally, until golden on all sides, about 3 minutes per batch. Transfer with a slotted spoon to paper towels to drain.
- To assemble salad:
- Add parsley and cauliflower to the mushroom mixture, tossing to combine.