2 (14 ounce) cans
mixed vegetables, minus liquid from one can
1 (4 ounce) jars
pickled pearl onions
salt, to taste
pepper, to taste
prepared pie crusts
( 2 pillsbury pie crusts, per package directions)
( kitchen bouquet)
- Cook chicken, in water, for about 4-5 hours. Turn often and keep covered. Skim fat as needed but don't remove all fat.
- Transfer chicken to a plate to cool, Keep broth simmering on low.
- Add two small cans of mixed vegetables, minus the liquid from one can. When chicken is cool, tear into small bites and add to broth.
- Add chicken bouillon, poultry seasoning, sage, pearl onions, pepper and salt.
- Bake two Pillsbury pie crusts according to package directions and let cool. Set aside.
- In a shaker jar, mix flour, corn starch and milk. Shake until smooth. Add slowly to the broth, stirring constantly.
- Add Kitchen Bouquet and stir until smooth, adding more milk if necessary.
- Pour into bowls over the top of crumbled pie crust. Add a bit more crust on top.
- This makes about 4 quarts of soup, which can be frozen. Defrost and bake pie crust at the time of serving.