soft fresh goat cheese
finely chopped fresh Italian parsley
finely chopped fresh thyme leaves
finely grated lemon peel
118.29 ml pitted sicilian green olives or 118.29 ml
kalamata olive, finely chopped
thinly sliced chives
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Arrange the bread slices on 2 heavy large baking sheets. Brush them with olive oil.
- Bake until the crostini are pale golden and crisp, about 15 minutes.
- Blend the goat cheese and cream cheese in a food processor until smooth and creamy.
- Add the parsley, thyme, and lemon peel.
- Using the on/off button, pulse just to blend.
- Season with salt and pepper, to taste. (I use kosher salt & fresh-ground pepper).
- Spread the cheese mixture over the crostini.
- Sprinkle with the olives, chives, and more pepper. Arrange the toasts on a platter and serve.
- Do-Ahead Tip: The crostini and cheese mixture can each be prepared 2 days ahead. Store the crostini in an airtight container at room temperature. Cover and refrigerate the cheese mixture. Let the cheese mixture stand at room temperature for 1 hour to soften slightly before spreading over the crostini.