1 (6 ounce) jars
marinated artichoke hearts, drained
small fresh broccoli florets
garlic cloves, minced
ground black pepper
fresh dill, minced
( regular or gluten-free, fresh or dry)
shredded sharp cheddar cheese
shredded parmesan cheese
( not grated)
extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Chop the artichoke hearts coarsely.
- Heat olive oil in a heavy 10-inch oven-safe cast iron pan over medium flame.
- Add onions and cook until they are translucent.
- Add garlic and broccoli; saute until the onions have begun to brown and the broccoli is cooked through but still crisp. Remove from heat.
- In a large bowl, combine eggs, herbs and spices and milk; whisk until well beaten.
- Add parmesan, breadcrumbs, artichokes, and half of the cheddar cheese. Stir gently; pour mixture over the broccoli and onions.
- Sprinkle remaining cup of cheddar cheese over the top of the eggs - Do not stir.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until firm.
- Place under the broiler for 2-3 minutes or until cheese is bubbly and lightly browned.
- Serve hot or at room temperature.
- Leftovers can be successfully reheated in oven, microwave or toaster oven. Serves 10.