1 1/2 teaspoons
- Cream shortening and sugar till light and fluffy.
- Stir in egg, molasses and vinegar; beat well.
- Add dry ingredients.
- Chill thoroughly; about 3 hours.
- On lightly floured surface, roll to 1/4" thick (no thinner) and cut with cutter.
- Place on lightly greased sheet.
- Add raisins or currants for eyes,nose, and buttons.
- Bake 375 degrees for 8-10 minutes, depending on size of the men.
- Cool and remove.
- NOTE: If you use a small to medium cutter, you will get a lot of little guys; but if the cutter is large it will be about 1 1/2 dozen (approximately)--I like to use the small to medium because you get more to give away at Christmas.