white onion, chopped
garlic cloves, crushed
1 (19 ounce) cans
cheddar cheese, grated
1 (450 g) packages
puff pastry sheets
- Cook onions in oil until onions are transparent and then add garlic.
- Add ground beef and scramble fry until meat is cooked through.
- Drain tomatoes completely and then roughly chop whole tomatoes with kitchen scissors right in the can and then add to ground beef.
- Add lentils, water, vinegar, and spices.
- Turn heat to low and simmer until lentils are soft, about 20-25 minutes.
- Add tomato sauce and remove from heat.
- Stir in cheddar cheese and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Roll out puff pastry and slice in to four strips and then cut each into four pieces to make 16 pieces.
- Add 1-2 tablespoons of meat/lentil mixture to the middle of 8.
- Top with remaining squares and seal edges by crimping with the tines of a fork to create the "pillow".
- Poke fork into the top of each pillow twice and place onto a greased baking sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Repeat with second sheet of puff pastry.
- Serve warm.
- These pillows can be made ahead and frozen. To reheat, place frozen on baking sheet and bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes or until heated through.