3 tablespoons soy margarine or 3 tablespoons
onion, finely chopped
low sodium chicken broth
chopped fresh dill
tomato, cored and coarsely chopped
finely chopped ham
- Preheat oven to 400°F Coat a 1 1/2-quart casserole with cooking spray.
- Place the margarine or canola oil in a saucepan over med-high heat.
- Add the onion and cook until it is transparent, about 2 minutes.
- Add the flour and whisk until well blended.
- Whisk in the broth vigorously until all the flour lumps are gone.
- Bring the liquid to a boil and let it thicken slightly, about 2 minutes.
- Scrape this souffle base into a mixing bowl.
- Stir in the egg yolks and add the mustard, dill, tomato, carrot and ham. Mix together well.
- In a clean bowl, beat the egg whites until they hold a soft peak.
- Gently fold them into the base just until no white remains.
- Quickly but gently transfer the mixture to the prepared casserole.
- Bake in the oven until set, about 50 minutes. Serve immediately.