3 (14 ounce) cans
1 1/2 cups half-and-half or 1 1/2 cups
fresh thyme sprig
- Halve squash and remove seeds.
- Place squash halves, cut sides down, on a baking dish.
- Bake in a 350 degree F oven for 30 minutes. Turn cut sides up. Bake, covered, 20 to 25 minutes or until squash is tender.
- Scoop squash pulp out of the peel using a spoon; discard peel.
- Place pulp in batches in a blender container or food processor bowl.
- Cover and blend or process until squash is smooth, adding some of the chicken broth if the mixture is too thick.
- Stir together pureed squash and remaining chicken broth in a large saucepan.
- Stir in ginger, salt, pepper, and cinnamon. Bring mixture to boiling.
- Reduce heat and stir in half-and-half or light cream.
- Heat through, but do not boil.
- If desired, garnish each serving with sour cream and thyme sprigs.