1 (3 lb)
( cut into pieces, rinsed and patted dry)
garlic cloves, minced
fresh ginger, peeled, finely chopped
1 1/2 cups
hard-boiled eggs, sliced for garnish
- Heat oil in a pan and brown the chicken. When all pieces are light brown, remove chicken.
- In the same pan, without removing the oil, add butter, onion, ginger and garlic; cook until golden brown.
- Add berbere and saute the mixture over low heat until it browns.
- Add chicken stock and lime juice, simmer 3-4 minutes.
- Return the chicken to the pan, cover, and simmer slowly for 30 minutes, turning the chicken from time to time.
- Transfer the stew to a platter, garnish with eggs, and serve with injera or pita bread.