sml red potatoes
( washed well)
( yellow, white or red, peeled & sliced thin)
whole cumin seed
smoked gouda cheese
( may use regular Gouda as needed)
- Boil potatoes in salted water til soft (about 25 min). Drain, cool slightly, quarter & set aside.
- Place a lrg non-stick sauté pan over med heat & cook bacon to barely crisp. Drain bacon on paper towels, crumble slightly & set aside.
- Place butter in the sauté pan over med-high heat & sauté the onions w/salt, pepper, cumin seeds & chili powder (stirring occ) till onions are soft & aromatic.
- Add the quartered potatoes, combine & allow mixture to brown slightly.
- Sprinkle crumbled bacon & cheese over the mixture, turn heat to very low & cover for 5 min allowing cheese to melt. Serve immediately.