9-inch pie shell
( one-half of a 14-ounce package)
apples, sliced and peeled
- Heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Roll pastry to a 12-inch circle on lightly floured surface.
- Place in a 9-inch pie plate.
- Turn under edge; flute.
- Melt caramels with water in heavy saucepan over low heat, stirring frequently until smooth.
- Spoon apples into crust; top with caramel sauce.
- Mix flour, sugar and cinnamon; cut in butter until mixture.
- resembles coarse crumbs.
- Stir in walnuts.
- Sprinkle over apples.
- Bake 40 to 45 minutes or until apples are tender.